Feeback

Coordinator
May 9, 2009 at 10:48 PM

Please provide any feedback on the Mini Workflow Actions here

Jun 15, 2009 at 9:33 PM

I've installed and activated the feature.

It shows up in Sharepoint Designer.

https://files.getdropbox.com/u/11262/2009-06-15_163136.png

But when I click on one of your workflows nothing get's populated into the "actions" area, it is left blank.

https://files.getdropbox.com/u/11262/2009-06-15_163152.png

Any ideas?

Coordinator
Jun 15, 2009 at 10:34 PM
Be sure you deployed the solution and didn't just install the feature. It takes care of setting up your configuration properly.
Seeing the item in the workflow designer and then getting nothing in the actions area usually means the Worflow Actions assembly was not properly added to the web.config. 
If you are using the source code download be sure you followed the instructions for creating your own private key to sign the assemblies.

Arthur Brost
Jun 16, 2009 at 3:34 PM

Hi Arthur, thanks for the response.  I downloaded the prebuilt .wsp file.

These are the steps I usually use to deploy a wsp, but at the last step it did produce an error/warning:

stsadm -o addsolution -filename path\mySolution.wsp
stsadm -o execadmsvcjobs
stsadm -o deploysolution -name mySolution.wsp -immediate -allowGacDeployment -force -allcontenturls

When I tried to deploy it initially this is what I got, using -allcontenturls also doesn't work.  What am I doing wrong?

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\BIN>stsadm -o deploysolution -name twentysixnewyorkworkflowactions.wsp -immediate -allowgacdeployment -url http://sharedspaces

This solution contains no resources scoped for a Web application and cannot be deployed to a particular Web application.

Here's what I see in the solution deployment screen:

Name: twentysixnewyorkworkflowactions.wsp Type: Core Solution Contains Web Application Resource: No Contains Global Assembly: Yes Contains Code Access Security Policy: No Deployment Server Type: Front-end Web server Deployment Status: Deployed Deployed To: Globally deployed. Last Operation Result: The solution was successfully deployed. Last Operation Details: serverA : The solution was successfully deployed.
serverB : The solution was successfully deployed.
serverC : The solution was successfully deployed.
serverD : The solution was successfully deployed.
Last Operation Time:

6/15/2009 4:24 PM

Jun 16, 2009 at 6:57 PM

Apparently my method of deployment failed to put any remarks about the web part into the web.config.  Adding it to the safe assemblies and the authorizedtypes section of my web.config lit it right up.

Thanks for the help, once I have played with it some I will be sure to add some additional feedback.  This looks like a powerful tool!

Feb 16, 2010 at 3:34 AM

I'm having the same problem as npsinboro, but I'm not sure exactly what entries I need to make to the web.config. Is there a procedure I need to follow with the Source Code in VS2008? Or can I just modify the web.config? If the latter, what entries should I make?

Coordinator
Feb 16, 2010 at 11:50 AM
You need to use the WSP files and deploy them. The WSP includes a custom event handler that takes care of and and removing the proper authorizedTypes entries in your web.config .
If you are going from the source code, be sure to follow the instructions for creating your own private key.

Sent: Monday, February 15, 2010 10:34 PM
To: Arthur Brost
Subject: Re: Feeback [WssMiniWFActions:55823]

I'm having the same problem as npsinboro, but I'm not sure exactly what entries I need to make to the web.config. Is there a procedure I need to follow with the Source Code in VS2008? Or can I just modify the web.config? If the latter, what entries should I make?

Feb 16, 2010 at 2:18 PM
When I deployed the WSP, it didn't create those entries. I then
deactivated and removed it, re-added and deployed the solution again,
and still I see the actions but they are not added to the Actions
section in SPD. Maybe I'm using the wrong command to add/deploy the
solution. I used the most basic -add command line, and then deployed
from Central Admin. Still no go. It seems I have to add entries to
web.config because they are nit being created automatically, but I'm
not sure what they would be. I'm using the pre-built SPD.

Cheers,
Chris

To: [email removed]
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 03:50:48 -0800

You need to use the WSP files and deploy them. The WSP includes a custom event handler that takes care of and and removing the proper authorizedTypes entries in your web.config .
If you are going from the source code, be sure to follow the instructions for creating your own private key.

Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (WssMiniWFActions@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email WssMiniWFActions@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Hotmail: Trusted email with powerful SPAM protection. Sign up now.
Coordinator
Feb 16, 2010 at 2:26 PM
Do you see the features it creates? Can you confirm that they are activated?

Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 9:18 AM

Cheers,
Chris

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (WssMiniWFActions@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email WssMiniWFActions@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Feb 16, 2010 at 3:57 PM
I can activate the features in the front end after deploying. And I see the 4 actions in Sharepoint Designer. But when I add them to the workflow, nothing gets added to the list of actions. So I read the posts above and it seems to explain what is happening to me. What I don't see are the web.config entries. So I think stsadmin or Central Admin isn't creating them automatically when deployed.

Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 06:26:58 -0800

Cheers,
Chris

Hotmail: Powerful Free email with security by Microsoft. Get it now.
Coordinator
Feb 16, 2010 at 7:17 PM
One of the features is an application level feature that makes the webconfig entires. You won't see it mixed in with the other features.

Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 10:57 AM

I can activate the features in the front end after deploying. And I see the 4 actions in Sharepoint Designer. But when I add them to the workflow, nothing gets added to the list of actions. So I read the posts above and it seems to explain what is happening to me. What I don't see are the web.config entries. So I think stsadmin or Central Admin isn't creating them automatically when deployed.

Cheers,
Chris

Feb 16, 2010 at 8:22 PM
Found it. There were 3 places I need to activate and I'm all set now! Thanks for the help!
Cheers,
Chris

Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 11:17:48 -0800

One of the features is an application level feature that makes the webconfig entires. You won't see it mixed in with the other features.

Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 10:57 AM

Cheers,
Chris

Hotmail: Free, trusted and rich email service. Get it now.